Is the Finance Industry Making a Quiet Comeback? [INFOGRAPHIC]
The past few years have been akin to a roller coaster for the finance industry. With bailouts, questionable salaries and bonuses, and a bad industry image, finance has obviously seen better times.
But, according to the latest data, 62 percent of people are very optimistic about the financial job market in 2014. In addition, financial candidate job searches are on the rise, spanning all career levels from investment banking to private equity. Is the industry making a comeback?
This infographic, compiled by our friends at OneWire, illustrates positive signs for the finance industry and where the growth is at its highest.
Among others, here are some key points to note:
- In 2013, there were 75,000 finance jobs added -- and the industry finished 2013 with its highest year-end figure since 2008
- There has been a 46% increase in the number of financial job searches
- As opposed to larger firms, mid-level finance organisations are seeing the most growth
Check out the full infographic below! What do you think? Do you believe finance is making a comeback?
Is the Finance Industry Making a Quiet Comeback?
Despite a tumultuous few years, the finance industry may be on the rise.
Signs of Optimism
- People are switching jobs and that creates opportunities: Voluntary turnover for 2013 will mark the highest level since 2008.
- The industry is adding more employees: In 2013, there were 75k jobs added - and the industry finished 2013 with its highest year-end figure since 2008.
- Finance professionals are increasing their activity: There has been a 46% increase in the number of job searches on OneWire.
- Finance professionals are feeling good about the future:: 62% of people very optimistic about the financial job market in 2014.
Top Areas Employers Are Looking to Add
- Investment Banking
- Technology/Software Development
- Compliance & Risk Management
- Internal Finance & Accounting
Growth Concerns Still Linger
The top three things on the minds of finance professionals are job stability, compensation and financial regulation.
- Job Stability: Obtain different skill sets. Make yourself necessary. Earn additional certifications, licenses, and degrees.
- Compensation: Know your worth. Are you tied to firm or personal performance? Weigh all factors.
- Financial Regulation: Explore smaller firms or transferring your finance skill set outside of financial services.
Emolument provides bonus and salary statistics based on data submitted directly by professionals like you. It is free, anonymous, and already a trusted tool for thousands of professionals worldwide. Are you paid enough? Click here to find out now.