American and European Banks Do NOT Pay the Same in London
It has been one of the biggest causes of anguish in the City - the difference between American and European banks when it comes to pay. However, figures now prove what many in the Square Mile have long complained of, American banks pay their directors on average 27pc more than European banks...
- Total compensation packages vary widely depending on employer origin: American banks pay their directors on average 27% more than European banks
- Although base salaries are comparable: Americans banks base salaries are only 8% higher than European banks
- American banks are far more generous when it comes to bonuses: with bonuses 50% larger than European banks at GBP 180,000 and GBP 120,000 respectively
- A different outlook on bonuses: European banks pay less in bonus than they do in base salary, with bonuses representing only x0.8 base; US banks, however pay bonuses 1.1x base salary
- Even top tier banks are already in line with bonus cap regulations: at MD level, base salaries are within the recommended 2x bonus rule, currently at 1.45x
Emolument provides bonus and salary statistics based on data submitted directly by professionals like you. It is free, anonymous, and already a trusted tool for thousands of professionals worldwide. Are you paid enough? Click here to find out now.
Are you an employer?
Hire and retain the best talent with accurate and reliable dataBenchmark Your Teams
Know what you're worth
Compare your compensation with peers in your industry